xscreensaver-gl issue, gl only works once per session

I seem to have found an interesting issue with xscreensaver and my NVIDIA GeForce 4 MX440. I'm currently running xscreensaver 4.14-4, and everytime I launch a GL screensaver (i.e. Bouncing Cow) it will launch once. After I kill the screensaver, and try to restart it (either by locking the screen or letting it go idle), the screensaver starts and remains at a black screen. If I log out of my GNOME 2.4.1 session and back in, it will work again, "once" and repeat the same behavior. I can run the screensavers directly from their respective directory, just not within xscreensaver.

I'm using the latest drivers, and am literally bashing my head in trying to figure this out. If anyone has any advice, or ideas, please let me know. Much appreciated :).

Matt Rechkemmer
captkirk@swcp.com