Re: Remastering a Debian Woody CD

On Mon, Dec 08, 2003 at 10:56:50PM +0530, Rajkumar S wrote:
> Hi,
>
> How can I create an updated Woody CD with the all the latest bug fixes
> like the new kernel patch and other bug fixes? I have the latest official
> CD, but want to keep an updated iso so that I need not do the updation
> from security.debian immediately after installation.
>
> Is it possible to replace some packages in the (updated) CD with those
> from testing? Like ulogd and later kernels for example,
>
> TIA
> raj

Look at jigdo. As I recall, you can start a jigdo construction of an iso
by first giving an iso that is almost right, i.e. the prior rev. , and
then proceeding to download only the corrections that are needed. It is
covered in the jigdo instructions, or FAQ, don't remember exactly.

HTH

--
Paul E Condon
pecondon@peakpeak.com