Re: Q:No modconf in 2.6?

On Sun, Dec 07, 2003 at 07:53:36PM +0100, Mariano Kamp wrote:
> Hi,
>
>   I just installed 2.6 and to my surprise it came up nicely on first try. When
> trying to install modules though, modconf didn't show any? Is there another
> tool to be used.

  I don't know about the specific tools. However for it was enough to
copy some specific module configuration files from /etc/modutils/ to
/etc/modprobe.d and then to run update-modules.

>   I've also seen this bug:

>   Would that mean that there is no other way than modprobe to manage modules
> at the moment?

  You might want to read
/usr/share/doc/kernel-package/HOWTO-Linux-2.6-Woody.gz. I believe both
insmod and modprobe work although it could be that their semantics have
been changed.

--
"If you have an apple and I have  an apple and we  exchange apples then
you and I will still each have  one apple. But  if you have an idea and I