mc compilation

I am trying to compile mc with ext2undel - apparently  default configuration
does not include ext2 undelete feature.

Now, file "/usr/include/linux/ext2_fs.h" does exist, and I also installed
e2fslibs, e2fslibs-dev in order to use option "--with-ext2undel=/usr/lib/libext2fs.a"
for mc compilation but, the result is same -
checking linux/ext2_fs.h usability... no
checking linux/ext2_fs.h presence... no
checking for linux/ext2_fs.h... no
configure: not using ext2fs file recovery code

Can anybody point me what exactly does mc require in order to include this
feature ?

Thank you,
	Florentin