Re: keep old files

Joydeep Bakshi wrote:

Hi list,
I am a newbie debian user (switched from RH).
I have faced a strange prob. in woody. whenever I modified any file the previous contents is backedup with a *~* sign and the modified one is saved with the actual name. like *test.kwd* will be *test.kwd* after modification, but there will be an extra *test.kwd~* also.

plz suggest me how to stop the generation of this second back-up file.

"modified" how? At the command line with some bash command? In some application like emacs? Via a desktop environment's file manager, like Konqueror?

--
Kent