Lilo/initrd problems after apt-get of new kernel-image -- help needed

Good morning,

In trying to get my Armada 4130T laptop's soundcard working I've
obtained kernel-image-2.4.22-1-686 and installed it. I also modified
the lilo.conf file and it appears to be loading initrd on rebooting
the computer. However, as soon as the "BIOS loaded successfully"
message pops up the computer automatically reboots itself.

Could someone point me in the right direction as to how to fix this
problem?

Thanks!

---
Virus Database (VPS): 12/5/2003