Re: Dhcp and ssh

Hi Ron

On Sat, 6 Dec 2003 11:27:33 +0100, Ron Rademaker wrote:
> Hello,
>

> I've set up my network to use dhcp, there's one debian server and a
> couple of window$ workstations. The only problem I have now is that
> I can't login to the server with ssh any longer, the host file on
> the server is no longer correct and ssh disconnects me. Anyone know
> how I can set the dhcp server sp that the hosts file is updated
> okay? (Another solution would be fine too....).
>
> Thanks,
>

> Ron
>

> PS. Could you please cc any replies to me as I'm not on the list.
> Thanks!

It depends on the way its setup... If you connect to a computer on a local
area network you can easily just setup "Dynamic DNS" which means that
each time DHCP sends out a new IP address it is automatically added to
the DNS records, thus, you will be able to always access the workstation
by hostname rather than by IP