Re: Newbie: installation using iso images on hard disk

Hello

Prashant Jaikumar (<prashant_j@students.iiit.net>) wrote:

> I am new to Debian and would like to know the procedure to install
> Debian using the iso images (I don't want to burn all the 7 disks). In
> RedHat I could pass the askmethod parameter to specify the
> installation medium.
> Is there an equivalent in Debian?

I don't know about that, but the first ISO will be sufficient for
installation. After installing the base system, you can tell apt about
your ISO images, for example by mounting them and adding the
directories where you mounted the ISO images to your sources.list.

<http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2002/debian-user-200207/msg05541.html>

best regards
        Andreas Janssen

--