Re: Java, mplayer

> > Joel Konkle-Parker <jjk3@msstate.edu> writes:
> >
> >> I've dabbled in Gentoo for a little while, and they have a system
> >> that prompts for download of the j2re from Sun

Isn't this what blackdown from apt-get.org does?  When I want to install
java via debs, that's what I do.  It doesn't automatically set up
CLASSPATH, I use this script:

source /usr/share/doc/java-common/examples/classpath-from-jars-1
export CLASSPATH
clear
echo $CLASSPATH
bash

It makes Java work for the Eclipse IDE, and for things like Tomcat.
I've never tried to make Java work for things like Mozilla, I don't care
to do that.

I build MPlayer from source; the source is already debianized.