avoid running cron jobs on holidays

Hi,
I came over ur email id over the net n saw that ur an expert. i have a query
when it comes to a cron job in UNIX that i am running, i wish to know how to
avoid jobs running on X-mas n New Year n other Public holidays? wud u have a
soultion and also help me out with the UNIX code for the specific job.

thanks n hoping to hear from you.
Sabar
is appreciated.