wl/bl/sl maintenance scripts (was: Re: Newsreader-like killfiling in email?)

on Sun, Nov 30, 2003 at 05:13:09PM -0800, Paul Johnson (baloo@ursine.ca) wrote:
> Is there any functionality in mutt, or a good way to implement it in
> mutt, that allows you to killfile with roughly the same flexibility
> that tin gives you for news?

'spamfilter' gives the ability to create whitelists and blacklists,
applied through procmail rules.

I've got a set of scripts, 'wl' and symlinks:

    bl
    bl-add
    bl-adddom
    bl-ck
    bl-ckall
    bl-help
    bl-list
    gl
    gl-add
    gl-adddom
    gl-ck
    gl-ckall
    gl-help
    gl-list
    sl
    sl-add
    sl-adddom
    sl-ck
    sl-ckall
    sl-help
    sl-list
    wl
    wl-add
    wl-adddom
    wl-ck
    wl-ckall
    wl-help
    wl-install
    wl-list

...which I use to add or test whether or not an address is on a white,
black, grey, or spam list.  Utility script mail-dom-addr.sed works on
Maildir format mailboxes.

    http://kmself.home.netcom.com/Download/wl
    http://kmself.home.netcom.com/Download/mail-dom-addr.sed

Look these over, you'll want to modify wl, and create symlinks manually.

When reading mail in mutt, to whitelist an address:

    :wl-add

...adds the user to my whitelist.  "sl-add" and "bl-add" are the
equivalent spam/blacklist commands.  "wl-ck" tests whether an address is
already on the whitelist.

Etc.

Peace.

    Of the top 24 industrialized nations, only Turkey has the government
    covering a smaller percentage of medical costs than the USA.
    - Laurie Garret, _Betrayal of Trust_