Re: SMTP setup question

Todd Pytel wrote:

On Tue, 2 Dec 2003 11:46:33 +0000 (GMT)
Anim Asante <adwoa96@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

I have signed up with two ISPs and I tried to set up
my Mozilla mail for the second mail account. Mozilla
mail would not let me set up a second SMTP.
My question is if I send a mail from the second
account, which SMTP server will be used? What can I do
about it?

I don't know about Moz/Thunderbird for sure, but Sylpheed handles this
nicely. You get an easy drop-down menu to choose the account when you
compose a message. And if you use procmail or Sylpheed's built-in
filtering to sort mail to different folders, you can set which account
is the default based on the folder. I looked briefly, but didn't see any
obvious way to do this in Thunderbird.
I haven't tried it as I don't have two ISP's accounts on my cable connection and I don't want to be using a dialup acount just to test it, but I am pretty shure (on Mozzilla - I use 1.5) that you only have to configure accounts - in the Mail & Newsgroups Account Settings - using the add accounts tab and you can download the messages corresponding to the intended account choosing from the dropdown on the GetMsgs button. Similarly I expect it will be a simillar dropdown in the Send button when compose a message, letting you choose the account you want it to send with.
Let us know if this would be right ...

John