Re: My machine compromised?

Am Mi, den 03.12.2003 schrieb Vanh Phom um 10:03:
> Hi folk,
> After reading on report of servers compromised. Just for curiorsity I
> run chkrootkit on my own machine and come up with this result:
>
> Searching for anomalies in shell history files... nothing found
> Checking `asp'... not infected
> Checking `bindshell'... not infected
> Checking `lkm'... You have    12 process hidden for readdir command
> You have    12 process hidden for ps command
> Warning: Possible LKM Trojan installed
> Checking `rexedcs'... not found
> Checking `sniffer'...
> eth0: PROMISC
>
> Is my machine compromised? How to fix this?

Did you read /usr/share/doc/chkrootkit/README.Debian ? No you didn't.

noflushd: A running noflushd and a 2.2 kernel may cause chkrootkit to
warn
  about the presence of lkm.
  On 2.4.20: noflushd may trigger lkm warnings as well. --paolo

lkm: In general, any process starting at around same time as lkm test
may
  trigger a warning. Just try
  while true;do chkrootkit lkm;sleep 1;done
  during normal system use. See also FAQ 6 on www.chkrootkit.org r--
paolo

> Vanh

joerg