Re: 2 graphic cards

Kent West wrote:
Florentin Ionescu wrote:

I have an old computer and has an embedded graphic card and was thinking to buy a PCI one. Does anybody know please - haw do you declare the second graphic card in XF86Config ? I look into BIOS but did not see any way haw to disable the first one, on board one.

Something like this:

#lspci
02:09.0 VGA compatible controller: S3 Inc. 86c325 [ViRGE] (rev 06)

converts to hex and is entered in XF86Config-4 like this:

Section "Device"
        Identifier      "Trio"
        Driver          "s3"
        BusID           "PCI:2:13:0"
EndSection

Oops; that should be "PCI:2:9:0"; but the point is that lspci spits out decimal but XF86Config-4 expects hex.

--
Kent