Re: base64 translation

On Tue, 02 Dec 2003 01:09:39 -0700, Arthur H. Edwards wrote:

> I'm trying to decode an applefile ppt that is in base64 coding. I have
> read that there is a utility base64-decode that might work? Because
> packages is down, can someone tell me the appropriate package(s) to
> read?
>
> Thanks
>
> Art Edwards

I haven't used it myself, but there's a package called aish, at least in
sarge:

 Aish is a file converter, which can encode binary files to ascii text as
 ish/base64/uuencoded_file. Aish can also decode them.

--

"The average lifespan of a Web page today is 100 days. This is no way to
run a culture."

Internet Archive Board Chairman