Re: dell poweredge 2400

Replying to the message sent by Michael Martinell  on Tue, 2 Dec 2003
11:04:31 -0600, received at 19:08:56 on 02/12/2003. Michael Martinell
wrote:
>I am trying to install debian 3.0r1 on a dell poweredge 2400.
>
>This has the perc 2/si adaptec aic7880 raid controller installed.  I am
unable to get this to run.

>I did try to compile the latest kernel on another machine and boot with
those disks however it did not work either.

>If anybody has any guidance it would be appreciated.

If you type "bf24 <enter>" when you get to the install menu while
booting from the CD you will be able to install 2.4 kernel which should
have the latest drivers for that.