Re: How to shutdown openbsd ssh server and samba server

Hello

Joris Huizer (<jorishuizer@planet.nl>) wrote:

> At the end of the knoppix harddisc installation, the installer asked
> to set up some servers, accidentilly I *did* allow it to setup the
> openbsd ssh server and samba server - but it's of no use for me (I
> didn't intend to do this - and I don't even really know what steps
> would be necessary to make it a *real* server...)
>
> How can I undo this mistake? Which packages do I have to remove? Do I
> have to edit/remove startup config files ? I don't really know what to
> search for so forgive me for asking such a simple question!

To openbsd ssh package is called ssh, however it contains the server and
the client (at least on woody, I don't know if this has changed).
Normally it should be sufficient to run

dpkg-reconfigure ssh

You will be asked if you want to run the ssh server. You can of course
also remove the symlinks in the runlevel directories /etc/rc*.d.

To disable the samba server, try

dpkg-reconfigure samba

best regards
        Andreas Janssen