Re: SMTP setup question

Anim Asante wrote:

Hi All,

I have signed up with two ISPs and I tried to set up
my Mozilla mail for the second mail account. Mozilla
mail would not let me set up a second SMTP.
My question is if I send a mail from the second
account, which SMTP server will be used? What can I do
about it?

Regards
Anim

I'm running Thunderbird right now, but IIRC, Mozilla has the same option. Under the SMTP Server settings is an Advanced button that will let you set a second SMTP server. Of course, you have to go in and change which server you use each time you need to change it (which is a pain, and could be handled better).

If you're dialed into ISP2 and your SMTP Server is set to ISP1, chances are real good that your mail won't go through, because ISP1 won't relay for ISP2. It _might_ work, but probably not. You'll instead have to go into Options and change the default SMTP server each time you change your ISP.

There might be some sort of extension to add a quick-change link on the menus/toolbar, but I'm not aware of such (but then, I've never looked for it either).

--
Kent