From: Wolfgang Pfeiffer <roto@gmx.net>
To: Greg Folkert <greg@gregfolkert.net>
Subject: Re: unchecked 31 times
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2003 12:38:04 +0100

On Tue, 2003-12-02 at 00:19, Greg Folkert wrote:
> On Mon, 2003-12-01 at 16:20, Monique Y. Herman wrote:

> > But just for the sake of argument, why do you say the root partition
> > should be 200MB?
>
> root should only be enough to boot with...

Currently on my system (I'm the only user of the machine) "du -hc
/<folder>/" gave me these space usages:

> /etc  = 45MB (with GConf taking 30MB of that)
42M     total

> /bin  = 3.5MB
3.1M    total

> /sbin = 3MB
4.6M    total

> /lib  = 35MB
58M     total

> /dev  = 128KB
40K     total

> /root = 15MB or so
51M     total

> /proc = null
2.8M    total/ or: 773M   (seems to change from time to time)

> /tmp  = 50K or so (not a separate filesystem until multi-user/services)
56K     total

All these values after about  half a year since I installed the system
... currently with X, Gnome etc. ... and I hope I can use the machine
for the next few years .... :)

HTH ...

Best Regards,
Wolfgang