Re: libcupsys dist-upgrade Sarge

On Sun, Nov 30, 2003 at 10:09:07AM -0600, Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
[zealous snip]
| debian Xprt_64: lpc: /usr/lib/libgnutls.so.7: no version information
| available (required by /usr/lib/libcups.so.2)

Install libgnutls7, or install a different version if you have some
version installed.  (Hint: install the one that has
/usr/lib/libgnutls.so.7 in it)

I think the dependency in libcupsys2 doesn't require a new enough
version of libgnutls7, which causes the problem if you don't run sid.
If you run sid, you'd already have libgnutls7 version 1.8.12-2 (which
I have, now).

This is mostly from memory because I found the same problem a while
back, and tracked it down to that solution.  I don't remember whether
or a bug report has been filed.  Unfortunately, it will take at least
two weeks for the problem to be resolved, because it takes that long
for a new package to enter testing.

-D

--
Whoever gives heed to instruction prospers,
and blessed is he who trusts in the Lord.