Re: Switch to Sarge lost browser link in Mutt

scripsit Paul E Condon:

> I run Mutt in a Multi-Gnome-Terminal window. When I use the mouse to
> pass the cursor over a URL in the email text, that URL is magically
> underlined. Then, what used to happen before the upgrade, when I press
> ctrl and left-click, the browser opens with the URL in the browser's
> URL address window. It probably is not Mutt that implements this
> feature. More likely it is the terminal window, or the terminal window
> running under Gnome.

This is gnome-terminal's doing, whether running under Gnome or not.  It
will also do this, for example, on apt-get update's output, or any other
text put to the screen.

You need to select a browser in the Gnome control center.  It should be
under Advanced Preferences, Preferred Applications (guessing at the
English, I'm in a non-EN locale ATM), Web Browser.

--
Pax vobiscum; pax cum omnibus.

Thanasis Kinias
tkinias at asu.edu