Re: Info Problem

On Sun, Nov 30, 2003 at 12:14:59AM -0500, Bijan Soleymani wrote
> Walter Dnes <waltdnes@waltdnes.org> writes:

> >> Don't use any software that requires the incredibly stupid "info"
> >> program to get help?  Okay, probably not practical.
> >
> >   Is there an info-to-man conversion program somewhere ?
>
> There might be but it would be kind of useless. Info documents are
> usually kind of hyperlinked and arranged in a book like way with
> hierarchical sections, etc.. You'd be much better off using an info to
> html convertor (those exist).

  If I *REALLY* wanted to waste countless hours roaming through
half-a-dozen levels of computer-generated mazes in search of some final
answer, I'd play Zork.  I do *NOT* have countless hours to waste roaming
through half-a-dozen levels of computer-generated mazes in search of the
answer to a question about how to use a program.  With man, I can hit
"/" (the slash key) and type in a character string to look for, and the
entire document gets searched in a second.  None of this crap of looking
through multiple levels.

--
Walter Dnes <waltdnes@waltdnes.org>
Email users are divided into two classes;