Re: X won't start

On 29 Nov 2003 at 14:58, Kent West wrote:

> (By posting the solution you might also be helping
somoe future aarchive
> searcher.)

Yes, I fully agree there.  I've lost count of the
number of times I've researched a problem on
various newsgroups and other message forums, and the
search results show a number of
people asking the same question, but with no public
they were either ignored (which is a very discouraging
annoyance), or they received their
replies via private email (which is even more
annoying, as it causes many repeats of the same
question.)