X won't start

Now that I have the networking fixed and sort of figured out the mouse
problem I'm ready to tackle X not starting.

When I boot I get a couple of attempts for gdm to start.  After that
fails there is an error message stating

Fatal server error:
no screens found.

I tried xf86config and had to abandon it when my video card wasn't
listed.  It wasn't listed as an option during the installation
process.  I'm assuming that that is the problem.  Is it likely?

I did

apt-cache search radeon

and found nothing.

Am I even going in the right direction?

I'm attaching the error log and config file

Please leave this.  It is a filter term.
ferulebezel
Mark Healey
deblist@healeyonline.com
Don't bothor CCing or emailing this address.  Since spammers seem to be harvesting this
list anything that doesn't come from the list server is assumed to be spam and deleted.
ASUS A87V8X mobo w AMD Athalon
	Broadcom 4401 onboard nic
	with static IP Address
ATI All-In-Wonder 9700 Video card.