Re: Looking for 17" TFT X11 config (mine is flickering...)

Christian Hammers wrote:
Hello

My brand new LG "Flatron L1715S" TFT display with max resolution
1280x1024@75Hz and recommended resolution "1280x1024@60Hz" is flickering
like hell in the first and at least a bit in the second resolution.

A collegue of mine uses the same TFT with Windows and has, surprise,
no problems at all with 75Hz. I have just a "ATI 3D Rage IIC" but this
should be enough, or?

Can anybody give me a hint what to tune to get a clean picture?

thanks in advance,

-christian-

My relevant XF86Config-4 so far:

Section "Device"
        Identifier      "ATI 3D Rage IIC AGP (rev 7a)"
        Driver          "ati"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
 Identifier      "LG Flatron L1715S"
 HorizSync       30-83 # According to manual on CDROM
 VertRefresh     56-75
 Option          "DPMS"
 # 1280x1024 @ 60Hz (VESA) hsync: 64.0kHz (not better without it)
 ModeLine "1280x1024@60" 108.0 1280 1328 1440 1688   1024 1025 1028 1066 +hsync +vsync
EndSection

I'd get rid of modeline (or does it have some purpose there?) and double check HorizSync and VertRefresh (if you want 60 then why don't you set 60 as upper bound)

also check the X output very carefully (look for EDID, that's what monitor reports, you might want to override it, at least nvidia driver had option Option "IgnoreEdid" "true")

you can also try to boot knoppix or something similar to see whether they get a better result.

	erik