Re: Modems-dialup.

On Sat, 22 Nov 2003 13:51:22 +0000
lnx@mail.alltel.net wrote:

> >Hi folks..
> >apologies getting off topic a bit but really would like to hear
> >everyone's opinion if there's particular modem that stands above and
> >beyond the rest..sort of like say a Courier modem would for dial-up.
> >If I go with Alltel's choice it'll be a Slipstream 5200 most
> >likely..which hopefuly will be free..with a years contract of
> >course..irreguardless of what they provide, seriously considering a
> >backup(could use one RIGHT NOW).. Thank you all very much for your
> >time.. Lee

Hello Lee,

These are the best modems in the world:-

http://www.maestro.com.au/special%20modems.htm

I've had one for three years, and the only time I've had a dropped
connection is when the I.S.P. has dropped it. Fully Linux compatible
with a 56K Rockwell chip.
Failing that the Netcomm Roadster wasn't too bad, from memory.
Regards,

David.