Debian VPS hosting providers?

I'm almost certain this is off-topic.  Alas.

That said, does anyone know of any good VPS (virtual private server)
hosting providers that allow one's server to run Debian?

It seems like every VPS provider I call has basically the service I
want (a few GB of disk space and monthly traffic, root/SSH access,
about $15 - $25 per month).  But, when I ask them what OS distribution
I'd be using, the answer is always something like, "Red Hat 7.1."
This, of course, makes the Baby Jesus cry.

Google found a few VPS providers that offer Debian as an option, e.g.,

  http://rimuhosting.com/vps/
  http://www.linode.com/

However, I was hoping someone here had some experience (good or bad
would be helpful) with some Debian VPS providers.

If you reference a given provider, I do ask that you please specify
the directness of your experience with them, e.g., "first-hand,"
"level-n hearsay," or "found on Google but don't know any users."  I'm
in the US, so I'd prefer US companies (so I can easily sue them if
they rip me off), but that's not really a hard requirement.

Thanks,
Lucas
--
Lucas Bergman <lucas@fivesight.com>