Re: why not my box automatically power-off?

On Wed, Nov 26, 2003 at 02:04:12PM +0100, Kjetil Kjernsmo wrote:
> On Monday 24 November 2003 15:19, Akira Kitada wrote:
> > ?????CONFIG_APM_REAL_MODE_POWER_OFF=y
>
> I found that this didn't do me any good... Perhaps that could be it?
>
> Best,

you mean culprit of this is "REAL_MODE"?
I don't know about it so much but I found some
description of this on
http://www.linux.org/docs/ldp/howto/Battery-Powered/powermgm.html

--
Use real mode APM BIOS call to power off (CONFIG_APM_REAL_MODE_POWER_OFF):
This is a workaround for a number of broken BIOSes.

I wonder this means if you don't use "broken BIOSes", don't turn it on?

any idea?

thanks.