Re: running script from cdrom fails

Micha Feigin wrote:
When I try to run shell scripts from cdrom I get the following message:
bash: ./INSTALLDOCS.SH: /bin/sh: bad interpreter: Permission denied
I got this with several bash scripts and in fact, I don't remmember one
that did work. Any idea?

Check if the shell scripts are in dos format. If that is the case you will see ^M's at the end of every line and those control chars are the cause of the error.

If the shell scripts were on a writtable media I would tell you to remove those ^M's.

Regards.

  Marcelo Ramos                        |     \/      __    |
  Debian Sid GNU/Linux 2.6.0-test9     |            |_/    /
  Socio UYLUG Nro 125                  |                   \
  Linux registered user #118109        |____|\/|____|\______\