Re: installed qmail, apt-get always trying to re-install MTA

On Tue, Nov 25, 2003 at 02:28:40PM +1100, Ross Tsolakidis wrote:

> I recently installed qmail, I removed Exim just to be sure.
> Everything is now running fine.
>
> The problem I'm having is every time I try and install another package,
> it always attempts to re-install exim.
> For example, "apt-get install apache", it will attempt to install Exim
> etc..
>
> Is there anyway of stopping this ?

How did you install qmail?  Sounds like you did so manually and have not
informed the package database that you have an MTA installed.  So, when
you install something that depends on an MTA, it tries to pull in the
default MTA.

--
Jamin W. Collins

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. --Aldous Huxley,
"Proper Studies", 1927