Re: Need a user-friendly, low-requirement desktop

On 11/25/03 06:58, "Alex Malinovich" <demonbane@the-love-shack.net> wrote:

> In this particular case, however, I'm dealing with a Pentium 233 MHz
> with 32 MB of RAM. While I'd love to put Gnome and Nautilus on there and
> call it a day, waiting 10 minutes for the desktop to load and another 2
> minutes for the file-manager just won't cut it I'm afraid.

I have a Macintosh Quadra 800 (33Mhz 68040) which I have run icewm on for
years and it is reasonably fast... So the pentium should be fine with it...
The big thing I would suggest is more ram... It probly uses 72pin simms,
they are dirt cheap (I got 4x32megs for $25 on epay a couple weeks ago) and
it will significantly speed up the system...

sloopy.

Macintosh - Think Different
Linux on Macintosh - Think VERY Different...