Re: x & kde only run as root

On Mon, Nov 24, 2003 at 04:40:45PM -0600, tripolar wrote:
> gdm starts, if I log in as root, kde starts & run fine.
> if I log in as anyother user x fails with various messages
> /etc/X11/xsession : line 7
> xrdb: command not found
>
> any ideas?
> Thanks

It looks like xrdb is part of the xbase-clients package, do you have
that installed?  Whichever package is responsible for calling it should
depend on it (or check for it and not call it if it's not there), so it
sounds like a possible bug in a package.

--
Nick Welch aka mackstann | mack @ incise.org | http://incise.org
Anyone can do any amount of work provided it isn't the work he is