Re: evolution usability (somewhat OT)

On Fri, 2003-11-21 at 03:22, Erik Steffl wrote:
> On Thu, 2003-11-20 at 20:39, Greg Folkert wrote:
> > On Thu, 2003-11-20 at 17:58, Erik Steffl wrote:
> > >    (unstable debian, evolution)
> > >
> > >    I find evolution to be fairly nice MUA but:
> > >
> > >    - is there a way for it to move deleted mails to trash?
> >
> > CTRL-E will expunge. It is also under the Actions menu.
>
>   I meant for the delete action to move the messages to trash folder.
> when I hit ctrl-e the messages are gone (didn't find them in trash
> folder)
When you have the "Hide Deleted Messages" checked, they go into trash...
but they are really still in the folder they were in, just marked as
deleted. Hidden from view in the normal folder, Trash is a subjective
term, really is a folder that shows all deleted messages from all
folders (if you use IMAP it is per host).

> > >    - is there a way for it not to show deleted emails (it shows them
> > > striked out)
> >
> > Under the View Menu: Hide Deleted Messages
>
>   aha! and I thought I went through menu and preferences:-)
>
> > >    - is there a way to go to next unread mail, even if it happens to be
> > > in next folder (']' goes to next unread email in current folder)
> >
> > Um... look at setting up a virtual Folder (VFolders)
>
>   not sure how that could do what I want but I'll try it.

I have a VFolder that has this rule:

If ((Status) is not (Read) in the VFolders Sources (specific folders
only) include them). I could have said (with all local and active remote
folders) that would check everything.

> > Hope this helps. Explore a bit and you might be surprised.
>
>   I hope so!
Yep... latta.
--
greg, greg@gregfolkert.net

Woe is me, for I must forever more huddle, unminded, in the dark shadow
of thine undeserved engine of procreation.