Device Subclass: 00
Device Protocol: 00
Maximum Default Endpoint Size: 64
Number of Configurations: 1
Vendor Id: 059b
Product Id: 0071
Revision Number: 11.00

***********************

The hub is showing USB 1.0 and the drive is showing usb version 2.0. So is HUB the culprit running at usb VERSION 1.0? If so, how do I enable the 2.0 version of usb hub?
Thanks
J S Sahambi

Monique Y. Herman wrote:
On Fri, 21 Nov 2003 at 10:23 GMT, J.S.Sahambi penned:

I have a Iomega 20 GB usb hdd. It gives good data transfer rate when
used with windows. But when I use it with linux, the data transfer
rate is low, in the order of 500 Kbytes/sec. Is there any way to
increase the data transfer rate?  Thanks J S Sahambi

Without actually thinking through the numbers, my first guess would be
that it's a usb 2.0 device, and you only have usb 1.1 enabled in your
kernel.  Does that seem possible?

You might install the usbview package and see what it says about
transfer speeds.