Re: Asus A7N8X Deluxe and Debian?

Scarletdown wrote:
On 20 Nov 2003 at 10:39, John Peter wrote:

No problem there - you did install from a cd right?(you must have,
as you don't have connectivity).
Use "apt-cdrom add" to put your install cd in your sources and

I did that, and inserted the disk that has the kernal headers (disk 6).

"apt-get install kernel-headers-`uname -r`"

After a bit of CD-ROM activity, the following error was returned:

Couldn't find package kernal-headers-2.4.18-bf2.4
                        ^^^^^^

Kernel is spelled with two e's and no a's.  Could that be the problem?

I tried it litterally as you stated above

apt-get install kernel-headers-`uname -r`

As well as trying it by fully typing out the package name:

apt-get install kernal-headers-2.4.18-bf2.4_2.4.18-5_386.deb (also without the .deb)

and apt-get still couldn't find it.

Additionally, I gave dselect a try, and selected both the above kernal headers as well as the one specifically for Athlons (as I am using an Athlon 2500 Barton).#160; Everything allegedly went okay, but as before, I still get the "No rule to make targer `oldconfig' error"

I'm about ready to start over from scratch yet again here.

Do you have the CD listed as a package source?  If not, try 'apt-cdrom
add'

-Roberto