Re: forcing a popup to KDE and GNOME users

Hah! I have found the answer in modifying the scripts in
/etc/gdm/Sessions

Rohit Kumar Mehta wrote:

Hi, I would like to force a Java popup window to all users who start an Xsession on our Debian boxes. We currently have kde and gnome installed, and neither of them seem to run commands from /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc (even when the user does not have a .xinitrc). I am having some small success modifying the /etc/gnome/default.session, but if the user has ever logged into gnome, there will be
a ~/.gnome directory and it will not use this information.

Can anyone suggest a better way to make this popup appear? We just want to give our users some information with the Windowmanager splash.

Thanks,

Rohit