Re: XP doc to Debian printer?

On Wed, Nov 19, 2003 at 04:04:04PM -0500, Thomas H. George wrote:
> My grandson does homework on an XP laptop which connects to our
> wireless network but all the other computers on the network are
> Debian.  Last year we were told of an HP generic postscript driver,
> installed it in the XP and could send the documents in postscript
> format to Cups running on the Debian boxes.  It worked then but no
> longer.  He has lost the installation program we downloaded and I
> can't find it at the HP site.
>
> Does anyone know where to find the installation program so we can
> reinstall the generic postscript driver?

The driver I know if is an Adobe generic postscript printer driver you
can find it here:

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/product.jsp?product=44&platform=Windows

> Alternately, does anyone know of another solution to this problem?

It's the same solution I'm using.

--
Jamin W. Collins

This is the typical unix way of doing things: you string together lots
of very specific tools to accomplish larger tasks. -- Vineet Kumar