Re: Backup question
On Wed, 19 Nov 2003, Victory wrote:
> Hi All,
> I want to back up some directories on Debian machine
> to Windows XP CDRW, I want to do it from Windows XP machine
> I have CDRW with Roxio Easy CD Creator software on Windows XP.
i assume you're saying you dont know how to get data from deb to xp
- if you're using ntfs on your xp box... you're s.o.l ...
linux cant safely and reliably write data to ntfs
- if you're running vfat on the xp box ... ( good and bad idea )
- create c:\DataFromDebian
- copy all your /home/victor stuff to c:\DataFromDebian
( pick your poison for which way to do that
( or whatever various ways w/ the right syntax )
- debian# mount \\winXP:\DataFromDebian /mnt/XP
- debian# cp -par /home/victor /mnt/XP
- move the cdrw drive to the debian box ... and you're done ...
( assuming the cdrw is a supported drive )
use whatever process/tools/proceedure you want to
write data to the cdrw on the debian box