Any luck with Netgear MA521 (Realtek RTL8180L)?

I'm trying to get a new Netgear MA521 802.11b card working in Woody.
According to what I've read, this card uses the Realtek RTL 8180L
chipset and some have apparently had success with it in various distros.
 (The Linksys WPC11v.4 is supposed to have the same chipset.)
Object-code drivers with open-source bindings for RH 7.3 and 9 are
available on Realtek's site, but I can't get them to work.  The
precompiled driver complains about an undefined symbol do_BUG (no
surprise there) so I recompiled it.  I am running the stock 2.4.18-bf2.4
and using gcc 2.95.4 and the RH7.3 version of the driver.  This is what
I get (notice the extra spaces where the device has no name or address):

PCI: No IRQ known for interrupt pin A of device .  Please try using
pci=biosirq.
PCI: Setting latency timer of device  to 64
RTL8180: : region #0 not a PIO resource, aborting
RTL8180: wlan driver load failed
rtl8180: no devices found, RTL8180 Wireless Lan Driver 2003-10-17
unregistered
rtl8180_24x.o: init_module: No such device
Hint: insmod errors can be caused by incorrect module parameters,
including invalid IO or IRQ parameters

I tried adding 'pci=biosirq' and it just says 'rtl8180_24x.o: invalid
parameter parm_pci'.

Here's what I get from cardctl ident:

Socket 0:
  no product info available
  manfid: 0x0000, 0x024c
  function: 6 (network)
  PCI id: 0x10ec, 0x8180
Socket 1:
  no product info available

I see a similar message about "No IRQ known for interrupt pin A of
device 0x????" when the kernel is booting.  (The ???? is a  hex address
but I didn't catch it as it flew by.).

PCMCIA is loaded and working; my 10/100 card works just fine.  Any
ideas?  Maybe Netgear changed the chipset... bastages.

Thanks,
Krum