kmod: runaway modprobe loop assumed and stopped

I've been having problems logging into my unstable debian box, and on a
most recent problem I saw this message on the console after I was able
to initiate a reboot:

kmod: runaway modprobe loop assumed and stopped

I looked in /var/log/ksymoops and see logs for the day it happened, but
how I determine what module is causing this problem?  I see net-pf-10
listed in the 20031118.log a log, but I haven't been able to figure out
what module that is let alone what has caused this issue recently.  Any
help would be appreciated.

Rob
--
                                    |       L    I  NN N  U U  X X  O
r.rati@attbi.com            2002-03 |       L    I  N NN  U U   X
Aka Khyron the Backstabber          |       LLL  I  N  N  UUU  X X  O