Re: kernel-source-2.6.0-test9 & linux-wlan-ng Problem

On Thu, Nov 13, 2003 at 08:44:14AM +0000, Sam Bashton wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 13, 2003 at 01:53:05AM -0500, Thomas H. George wrote:
> > I compiled a new kernel from kernel-source-2.6.0-test9 and, after
> > installing module-init-tools, most of my modules are loaded and working
> > except for my pci wireless networking card.  This has always been
> > something of a problem even with the 2.4.xx kernels.  apt-get install
> > linux-wlan-ng reports the latest version is already installed but newly
> > compiled kernels cannot install  the Netgear MA311 PCI Adapter.  I have
> > a copy of  linux-wlan-ng-0.1.16-pre16  which successfully installs the
> > adapter in for the 2.4.xx kernels but it aborts the make all command now
> > that I have compiled the 2.6.0-test9 kernel.
> >
> > Any suggestions?
>
> Upgrade - I'm currently running linux-wlan-ng-0.2.1-pre14 under 2.6.0-test8
> without any problems, and have been for some 24 days or so.  I believe work on
> 2.5/2.6 kernels didn't really start in earnest in the wlan-ng project until
> sometime after 0.1.16.
>
> --
> Sam Bashton
> Systems Administrator
> IP Support

I still have not succeeded in solving the problem.  On bootup there is
a message that loading module p80221 failed because it is already
installed in the kernel.  After bootup I can modprobe prism2_pci and run
the two wlanctl-ng wlan0 lnxreq_ifstate and _autojoin commands and they
report success but ifup -a wont bring up wlan0.  What should I change in
my kernel configuration?

Tom