spamc not putting headers on some mail?

I'm running spamc as a filter through procmail.  Every now and then, I
see some spam that apparently never received SA's headers.  This is
weird, as I have SA set up to always add headers, even to ham, and most
of my mail does have the headers.  Just, every now and then, some
doesn't.

I'm wondering if my procmail rule has something to do with it; should I
not be using a lock file?

The rule is

	#spam assassin
	#spamc requires spamd (/etc/init.d/spamassassin) to be running
	#f = consider this a filter; w = wait for completion
	:0 fw: spamassassin.lock
	| /usr/bin/spamc

I'm calling "procmail -p" through my .forward, with nothing else in the
.forward.

--
monique
PLEASE don't CC me.  Please.  Pretty please with sugar on top.