Re: blank screen in Xvnc / xrdb can't open display - on Woody

On Sun, Nov 16, 2003 at 07:04:42PM -0000, John Stumbles wrote:

> xrdb: Connection refused
> xrdb: Can't open display 'Hostname:1'
>
> I think I read somewhere else that it could be an Xauth cookie issue, but
> I've lost that piece and haven't a clue how to investigate that possibility.

This sounds like a possibility. Are you trying to run xrdb remotely? Try
locally, and perhaps another app like xterm, locally. Try moving
~/.Xauthority for your user, restarting X and vnc  and see if that makes a
difference (unless you know that you need this file for another purpose,
and make sure you don't weaken the permissions)

--
Jon Dowland
http://jon.dowland.name/