Re: inetd vs. inetutils-inetd

On Sun, 16 Nov 2003 at 06:33 GMT, Oliver Elphick penned:
> On Sat, 2003-11-15 at 22:12, Monique Y. Herman wrote: ...
>> So far so good.  I poked through /var/lib/dpkg/info/*.list, and no
>> one there claims to know anything about /usr/sbin/inetd, which is the
>> app called by /etc/init.d/inetd.  I'm 99% sure that it must have
>> arrived as part of a package, so this seems kind of weird.  Anyone
>> have any familiarity with this?  Should I just delete the related
>> files and move on with life?
>
> /etc/init.d/inetd and /usr/sbin/inetd come from package netkit-inetd

Ah.

Apparently I had only removed, not purged, that package, and those two
files are considered configuration files.  I guess I can see why
something in /etc would be considered a configuration file, but an
executable in /usr/bin??

Ah well.  Thanks for the pointer.

--
monique
PLEASE don't CC me.  Please.  Pretty please with sugar on top.