Re: Escape sequences displaying in man pages

Bill Marcum wrote:

On Thu, Nov 13, 2003 at 06:18:13AM -0600, Curt Daugaard wrote:
Hi,

I'm running unstable and use the most package as pager for man pages. After an upgrade the color output broke and I see instead the raw escape sequences. Running update-alternatives, I noticed the pager was changed to less. I set it back to most, but that didn't help.

Any help appreciated.

Are you using the console or xterm, gnome-terminal, rxvt, etc.?  What is
the output of "echo $TERM" ?

It happens at the console/virtual console and in xterm.