openoffice.org and ispell

Hi there,

I have tried to install openoffice, but it wouldn't peacefully coexist
with ispell and related dictionaries; it "conflicts" with them - I am
quite anxious to know why on earth.

Has anyone had similar trouble? Is there any way to get ispell and
openoffice to coexist with one another?

I mean I do appreciate there is a suite such as OO, but I'm not so
amused it intends to stomp over everything else there is. I think on
a SuSE installation (where I installed OO the anarchic way; some .tgz
archive that installed itself), neither program frowned upon the
very existence of the other on the disk.

So might this simply be an over-strict formulation of
interdependencies and the like?

Any help appreciated!

Florian

PS. Don't know whether this is
relevant, but I tried packages downloaded as instructed on
http://packages.debian.org/unstable/editors/openoffice.org.html,
and my distribution is woody stable.