Re: Installing x

lnx@mail.alltel.net wrote:
Ok, I know this has been covered to death..

If I get all the common files for xf86, but yet still don't have an xf86config-4 file on my system..then I'm obviously missing something..

I assume that's just lazy typing up there. You won't have an "xf86config-4" file on your system; you should however have an "XF86Config-4" file, if everything has been configured properly.

Running "dpkg-reconfigure xserver-common" and/or "dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86" should, in most cases, create the "/etc/X11/XF86Config-4" file for you.

--
Kent