Re: Going to give it another shot-need more help

After not getting any instructions on how to compile a module that
didn't come with the source into a kernel I gave up and decided to
just do the nic module as installable.

Since I had the source for the new kernel I went ahead and compiled it
by Kents 10 step list.  I left the things I didn't understand at their
default value.

It booted and seems to run as before.

I then made the nic module and make installed it.

Appearantly there is no autodetect feature so I need to know what I
lines to add to what files to get my networking up.

It is a DSL connection with a static IP address.

Mark Healey
deblist@healeyonline.com

Giving debian a chance.