Re: keyboard doesn't respond: assistance needed

But KNOPPIX does not ask for a username. What happens when you boot the KNOPPIX CD with "knoppix 2" as boot parameters?
What do the messages show before he halts at the prompt?

Well, I tried it. The Linux prompt appears and the keyboard is working. The problem happens after I install KNOPPIX to the hard disk. There was one message on the screen while booting. It said:
modeprobe: can't locate module block -major-2
and after boot-up I got this message at the prompt:
root: cardmgr[70]: + Operation failed.
cardmgr[70]: start and exited with status 1

As I said when I boot from KNOPPIX CD everything works fine.
http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup

Search Smarter - get the new eXact Search Bar for free!
http://www.exactsearchbar.com/