smbfs and accented chars

I haven't found a reference to this on the archives, so maybe someone
will help me:

I have a file on a Windows NT4 server called: encadernação.jpg

Going through smbclient, the filename is encadernação.jpg. If I go
through smbfs (either fstab, automount or smbmount directly), I see the
filename as encaderna?ao.jpg.

I've tested this, with the same results in 2 machines with different
locales: en_US.UTF-8 and pt_PT.ISO-8859-1.

I've tested passing iocharset and codepage parameters to smbmount.
iocharset with iso8859-1 and utf-8 and codepage with
437,850,860,cp437,cp850,cp860.

Any suggestions on how to configure or patch smbfs to show the right
filename?

--
						João Miguel Neves